Louisiana is the “Sportsman’s Paradise.” Get out there and enjoy the water! Whether you own a boat, a yacht, jet skis, or anything in between, we can give you the peace of mind of knowing that your vessel and your liability is protected and covered.
If you enjoy fishing, sailing, or cruising around on any type of boat, it’s smart to have boat insurance that covers your liability risk in addition to your boat, equipment and passengers. You can insure just about any kind of boat — from speed boats to jetskis to yachts.
What Does Boat Insurance Cover?
The exact boat coverage you will have depends on your boat. However most boats will need these four types of liability coverage including:
- Property Damage Liability Coverage: Property damage liability insurance covers you in case you damage another boat or other structure.
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: Bodily injury liability coverage protects you in case you injure another person while operating your boat. You are covered whether that person is a passenger on your boat, on someone else’s boat, or even on land. This is perhaps the most important coverage in your boat insurance policy, as a collision out on the lake can cause severe injuries.
- Collision Coverage: Collision insurance covers your boat and trailer if an accident damages your boat.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Whether you are driving, docking, towing, or storing your boat, it is at risk of being damaged. It may be a target of vandalism, be damaged in a fire or even be stolen while sitting in your driveway.. Comprehensive insurance protects your investment when “other than collision” events damage your boat.
- Pollution liability: Provides you with coverage in the event of a fuel spill.
- Wreckage removal: Covers your legal obligation to remove debris after an incident
- Legal fees: Your boat liability insurance will also cover legal fees in the event that another person files a lawsuit against you.